Sunday, February 22, 2009

6 months

Today marks six months since I have been in Melbourne. In so may ways it seems as if time has just flown by. I dont feel like its been 6 months. Work wise, I feel as if I have been doing this for a long time. Have got into the work rythm ok. Family is settling in ok. Kids are doing well in school. I am thankful for all that.

But in some other ways, I feel as if we have yet to settle down. I think its only the past 2 weekends that I have felt that we are settling down as a family. We are getting into a routine of life that seems to be ok. I know the kids are really enjoying having more time with mum and dad. I need to remember that this is part of the reason for our move: to have more time nurturing our family. But I guess mum and dad are struggling a bit with our own needs. Hopefully that will come in time.

The last 6 months have also taught me more about myself. About who I am and some of my traits. I am also coming to terms with how much I have been damaged by our time in ministry. The anger, hurt and bitterness is still very much there. I wish I could let it all go.

Overall, this feels like the right place to be in now, though not all the pieces are in place. I guess its a continuous journey of learning to live one day at a time.

No comments: