Sunday, June 29, 2008

Leave for a Season....

Last Christmas one of our friends gave us a calendar with a verse/quote everyday. We placed it in the kitchen and look at it everyday. When we came back from camp, where we announced our decision to step down, the quote for that day was this:

"Leave for a season the difficulty of your days, and dwell on the lovingkindness of God, that you may recover by gazing at Him"
This was such a confirmation from God that this is wht the next season of our lives are about.
As I work through my "detoxing" process, I am very aware of the danger of wallowing in bitterness. I want to be able to honestly acknowledge the feelings that are there, but at the same time be able to move on from there to a place of healing. My wife and I were talking about how we can do this, and that brought me back to this quote. The way we can get to a place ofrecovery is by dwelling on His lovingkindnes and gazing on Him.
I was speaking with my spiritual director/friend this past week about how I am feeling with regards to church and he said something similar: you jusy have to keep deciding to look upon His face in the midst of this all.
May God help us do this.

No comments: