Thursday, June 19, 2008

What would i do differently part 2

I think something else that I would do differently is that I would be more open about my own struggles and thoughts. As I look back, I see that I have tried to be open but have seen times when this has not helped those i share with, so as a result I held back.

But I think there is a way of being open that can be helpful to people. I see vulnerability as a key value to live out....though at times it comes at a great price. Its never easy being vulnerable. Its against everything I know and my instinctive reaction to self preservation. But I am beginning to realise that true transparency will also help people see Christ in me. Its when we are open; about our own struggles, people will also see the times when God comes through and does that work in us. Even though we may feel we are still struggling.

One of the things that is beginning to take place since my resignation, and I guess my sharing of what has been going on in me, is that people have began to relate in a more open way with me and my wife. Its a strange thing, but it feels as if real conversations are taking place. Maybe as I have become more open, they too feel a bit more open with me?

This is the kingdom way of relating that I am seeking after.

No comments: