Monday, July 28, 2008

Learning to dance again

I went to bangsar lutheran church on sunday. Decided to take one sunday off and visit my favorite church. i really appreciatre the way the worship time helps us slow down and focus on God. There is enough space for us to be still, listen and respond to God. I was especially blessed by the reading of scripture.

Sivin's message was pretty relevant to me, especially when he spoke about why he is still a pastor and whats the point of being a christian. At the end he showed a video of this guys who went all over the world and just danced. It was simple, fun, child like. That really impacted me. It got me to think, will I learn to dance in child like faith and fun again? I wonder.

You can watch the vide at www.wherethehellismatt.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

frankly i'm still fumbling and stumbling with my dancing. got flat feet and perhaps 2 left feet. :-)

the thing i liked about matt was the abandonment in the dancing ... just dance ... don't care what people think kind of thing.

i was struck my the scripture reading myself . totally unexpected. it's wonderful when God's voice penetrates through when we least expect it.

bless u

ur fren with the funny name