Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Other things to be thankful for

In May last year I took a month off from work. I did this after advise from 3 other ministers who I spoke to. They all said, independently of each other, that that I need take a break soon. They all sensed the weariness in me.

It turned out to be a real adventure with God. I found it very hard to take a break initially as taking a month off would mean skipping the church camp, which I was very happy to miss, but nervous about how others would feel about me missing camp (there were negative reactions after I found out).

Anyway, after deciding to take a month off, i had to decide what I was going to do and where I would go for in my time off. I was reluctant to go anywhere because I was worried about my kids and about how I would cope financially. A good friend helped me through the whole process to come to the conclusion that I was supposed to go to england for 3 weeks. It was a very significant time for me.

I learned to trust God with my kids. They took the news of me being away very very well. God had taken care of them. I was also paid far more than I expected for a consulting job I did and that enabled me to go to England for 3 weeks. God also provided the perfect place for me to stay, with very good friends.

God did a lot in me in the few weeks there. I learned afresh about faith and trusting God and just being a child again and having fun. Now when I look back on that and think about what next for me, i sense that maybe God is saying that I have still more to learn about trust and having fun in Him. And thats partly what my move is all about.

So, while I am anxious about what next in my life, I will remember the lessons I learned in my time off last May and look forward to my future with hope and trust.

No comments: